Chick chick chick

It has been quite some time since I updated… so this is what I been up to lately… I’ve been building pens and raising up chicks.. as well as a young pair of goats and they all have been keeping me very busy as I venture to different chicken sites to get some information on some things like what to do with an ornery rooster lol. I think he has some game in him cause he just does not like me at all yet when my husband is with me he stays to himself.

We lost one hen from the original flock that I started with and have been nursing a few cause these new puppies that we got decided that they were play toys. So now that I know that it was them and not just an attack from another animal I have had to resort to putting them on a line, which I never wanted to do. So here are my new Brood and they are a little over a week old now…

The day I got them

The day I got them

IMGA0519

In the brooder

In the brooder

All huddled together

All huddled together

looks like a hat on the head

looks like a hat on the head

looks like a hat

looks like a hat

Looking at me

Looking at me

So far I have only lost 1 chick, but ordered 22 females, 3 males and they gave me a extra straight run(which could be male or female) and threw in an exotic and I have no idea which one it is so this little wonder is a surprise and I will have to figure out what breed it he/she is when it is a little older and has full plumage.. 

A couple weeks or so before they came my Game Hen hatched out 9 biddies and here are the pictures of them…

Very good mama

Very good mama

Chick pecking on mama's beak

Chick pecking on mama’s beak

She finally let me see them

She finally let me see them

2 days old

Here is the Daddy!

Here is the Daddy!

So now I have also had built the run for the older ones and started  building the Biddie pen on top of the game bird pen cause the posts were already there to get it going. 

a small over view of the outside before the top was put on it

a small over view of the outside before the top was put on it

Showing the slats I put on top which will be covered with wire on the run part

Showing the slats I put on top which will be covered with wire on the run part

All this wood was given to me free so I used it.

All this wood was given to me free so I used it.

Okay that is what I had when the trees started leafing out then we ended up with cool temps and a lot of rain so it sat and just recently was able to get back to it.. We had to make a divider for the area that will be their roost and feeding area as well as cover for rainy weather… So pictures to follow in my next post… and update on them.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s